Trump and his cohorts lie and misrepresent the truth regarding the bribery/extortion plot involving delay of weapons funding and an invitation to the White House pending public announcement of investigations into his political opponents and a conspiracy theory related to the 2016 election.
Donald J. Trump 7:06 AM – Nov 4, 2019 – Twitter for iPhone
What I said on the phone call with the Ukrainian President is “perfectly” stated. There is no reason to call witnesses to analyze my words and meaning. This is just another Democrat Hoax that I have had to live with from the day I got elected (and before!). Disgraceful!
- Of course, there is no such thing as “perfectly stated” and the call with Ukrainian President Zelensky is about as far from perfect as you can get – unless you are talking about perfectly bribing or extorting someone.
- Trump says “read the transcript”. I would do that, but as everyone knows, this is another misrepresentation by our Liar-in-Chief. There is no transcript of this call, just a memo written after the fact. This memo contains “ellipses” denoting missing content which (no surprise) further documents what we already know – Trump was asking the Ukrainian President to publicly announce an investigation into the Bidens in order to harm Joe Biden, his chief Democratic rival at the time.
- When a Lieutenant Colonel present for the call told the top NSC lawyer that he thought Trump was engaging in un-American and potentially illegal practices, he was told not to say anything more on this topic to anyone , and the memo of the call was moved to a top security server in an attempt to hide it from the public.
- Multiple other top State Department and NSC employees have confirmed that the call was disturbing and a clear quid pro quo.
- In case this does not convince you, there is much more evidence of Ukrainian shenanigans by the Trump administration. High level State Department employees including the Ukrainian Ambassador himself have objected to the activities of our President and his self-described “three amigos”, Rudy Giuliani, Rick Perry and Gordon Sondland (U.S. Ambassador to the EU and major Trump donor in the 2016 election). The “three amigos” were apparently running a shadow effort to have newly elected President Zelensky publicly announce investigations into the Bidens in exchange for desperately needed weapons and a meeting with President Trump in the White House. Rudy claims the State department was supported his efforts in this regard. They were also pushing for an investigation of Ukrainian (not Russian) interference in the 2016 election in favor of Hillary Clinton (a favorite unsupported conspiracy theory offered by our Conspirator-in-Chief). Kevin Taylor, the current Ambassador to the Ukraine emailed Sondland expressing his astonishment that the U.S. would not approve the desperately needed military aid until a Biden investigation was started (and publicly announced).
- By the way, our previous ambassador to the Ukraine was brought home, because Rudy and Sondland (and clearly Pompeo) thought she would get in the way of the bribery/extortion plot. Marie Yovanovitch, the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, told House impeachment investigators last month that Gordon Sondland told her she should tweet out support or praise for President Donald Trump, if she wanted to save her job.
- So, you decide – is the investigation of these well-documented “dirty tricks” appropriate or is this a “Witch Hunt” of a President who has a major concern about corruption in the Ukraine (but not Russia, Saudi Arabia or Turkey!).